Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My favorite mistake

Couple years ago when I was in sixth grade I got involved into a really big argument with mom. I don't exactly remember why my mom and I got into the argument; however, I do remember it was violent. If I were to guess to as why the fight even started I would guess it was all because of my hair. Back in the sixth grade I started to change my appearance a little bit. I grew out my hair, wore darker clothing, and I got into alternative/ rock music. My mother, did not approve of my new style choice. After the dramatic fight with my mom, I ran away.

I didn't go far, I traveled down my street to my grandmothers'. I remained there for a day. As soon as I walked in I could smell the fresh baked goods baking in the oven. I was not off the hook, my grandma gave me a big lecture in how I should not talk back to my elders nor fight with them. She did the same with my mom. My mom had a conversation with mom over the phone, I tried my best to hear what they said. They both sounded mad.
   "I do not care if he comes back or not, I have my two other kids that I can love." Said my mom angrily.  
 "How can talk like that? He's your son." Fired back my grandmother.
   "If he won't do as I say then my two other kids will."
 "It's just the anger speaking, you will take back every word you said." Said my my grandmother right before hanging up the phone.
I was missing my mom even though she did say that she didn't want me to come back. Hearing her say such words made me extreamly sad becuase I truley missed my mom.
I cried for the whole night. I became very pensive and thought of how my life would be form then on. Would I actuly have to live with my grandmother from now on? Will I never see my mom again? Will my mom and I ever speak to eachother again? all these thoughts were roaming my little twelve year old mind. Everything soon came to a suddle hualt the day after when my aunt, Alejandra, learned about the scandle. My aunt made me and my mom talk to each other and work it out.

Later that day, my grandmother made me return home. Once there, I then participated in a long and meanyful long talk with my aunt and my mom. My aunt made us talk everything out. I apologized to my mom and she did the same thing. We hugged it out and we made up. One major reason why I regreted running away was becuase I then after had to put everything away. All my clothes in my closet, all my shoes were they go, evrything had to be put back. That was one big pain in the neck. The marrow to the story is that, everything that goes up must come down.


No comments:

Post a Comment